Conversation hearts have been around at Valentine’s Day for as long as I can remember. I’ve noticed that the “conversations” on the hearts have evolved over time. The hearts for the conversation heart hop game have movement based words as their “conversations.” It’s a simple, fun game that can be enjoyed by all age levels. Along with the valentine delivery game, the conversation heart hop is a great gross motor game for Valentine’s Day !
Conversation Heart Hop – Valentine’s Day Gross Motor
How To Play
- Place hearts face down.
- Let students take turns picking a heart.
- The entire class performs the activity on the heart.
- Place the same number of hearts as students on the ground.
- Have students walk or hop on hearts until music stops.
- When music stops students must perform the activity on their heart.
- When music starts students start moving between hearts again and play continues.
This can easily be modified to a musical chairs like game. Have one less heart than students playing. When the music stops the student who is not on the heart is out.
Valentine’s Day Gross Motor Games
Other Ways To Move This Valentine’s Day?
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
My store at Pink Oatmeal has ideas to get the kids moving at home, in the classroom, and in therapy! If you prefer Teachers Pay Teachers you can find me there too with even more ideas to get the kids moving!