Hi there! I’m Chanda and the voice behind Pink Oatmeal. I’m so excited that you’ve found my little corner of the internet. I hope you learn some new things and find some cool ideas!
I often get asked what does Pink Oatmeal mean. Pink Oatmeal means nothing. It was just a combination of two things I like – the color pink and oatmeal.
When I started Pink Oatmeal I had no “plan”. I had hoped to share some ideas that I was doing with my baby at that time (now my preschooer). It has since evolved into sharing different ideas at school and home.
I live with my family in the suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and we have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl! All of our kids were born within 4 years of each other so life is busy. We also have our loving golden retriever who puts up with 3 young kids climbing, pulling, and petting her.
TEN FAST FACTS
1. I’m a total type B person. Who’s with me!?!
2. I used to work as a pediatric physical therapist in the school system and early intervention, but I also have experience in orthopedics and geriatrics. My new gig is keeping this website running and balancing life at home!
3. I love, love, love shopping, but now it’s all online…
4. Reality TV is my vice. Enough said.
5. I am a night owl. The majority of what you seeing as part of Pink Oatmeal was done after 10pm.
6. I can’t stand the cold, but I live in Minnesota.
7. I love creating things and helping people out. Combining these two skills has helped Pink Oatmeal evolve into what it is today.
9. I get Chipotle for lunch at least once a week. I am a vegetarian.
10. I love to travel and we often pack up all the kids and all their stuff and go!