Conversation hearts have been around at Valentine’s Day for as long as I can remember. I’ve noticed that the “conversations” on the hearts have evolved over time. The hearts for the conversation heart hop game have movement based words as their “conversations.” It’s a simple, fun game that can be enjoyed by all age levels. Along with the valentine delivery game, Valentine’s Day Yoga, and Valentine’s Day Brain Breaks, the conversation heart hop is a great gross motor game for Valentine’s Day ! Pink Oatmeal also has a huge collection of Valentine’s Day gross motor activity ideas along with Valentine’s Day fine motor activities for you to check out!
Conversation Heart Hop – Valentine’s Day Gross MotorThe conversation heart hop is a part of the Valentine’s Day Brain Breaks and Games variety pack that can be found in the Shop. Needed Conversation Hearts Music
Conversation Heart Hop -How To PlayOption 1
- Place hearts face down.
- Let kids take turns picking a heart.
- The entire class performs the activity on the heart.
- Place the same number of hearts as students on the ground.
- Have students walk or hop on hearts until music stops.
- When music stops students must perform the activity on their heart.
- When music starts students start moving between hearts again and play continues.
This can easily be modified to a musical chairs like game. Have one less heart than students playing. When the music stops the student who is not on the heart is out.