Hooray! March has finally arrived. March brings hope that Spring is upon us, especially here in Minnesota. March means basketball tournaments, shamrock shakes, and St. Patrick’s Day. March also means that we are playing fun gross motor games with a St. Patrick’s Day theme. The clover hop is a great way to get kids up and moving. It can be used for therapy, in the classroom, and at home. I love the fact this game works with a single child all the way up to a class full of students.
1. Lay clovers out on the floor with movement words written on the clovers. Have the same amount of clovers as you do kids on the floor. You can make clovers on a sheet of paper or I have ready made clover’s included in my St. Patrick’s Day Brain Breaks, Yoga, and Games. Laminating clovers is a good idea, that way you can use them again and again.
2. Have music available. Movement and music go hand in hand!
3. Turn on the music and let the kids hop or walk between clovers- what ever works better in your setting.
4. When the music stops have the kids perform the action written on their clover.
5. Start the music again and play resumes.
This can easily be modified to a musical chairs like game. Have one less clover then students playing. When the music stops the student who is not on the clover is out.
More Ways To Move This St. Patrick’s Day
Be sure to check out fast, fun, and effective St. Patrick’s Day brain breaks and gross motor ideas.
The Rainbow Relay is sure to be a hit with the kids this St. Patrick’s day!
Get Your Own St. Patrick’s Day Gross Motor Activities
I have several gross motor games included in my St. Patrick’s Day Brain Breaks, Yoga, and Games. Some favorites include the Rainbow Relay, Clover Hop, St. Patrick’s Day Themed Yoga and more! You can grab your games at the shop .
Everything You Need For St. Patrick’s Day Gross Motor
How about saving a lot of money and getting everything you need for St. Patrick’s Day gross motor and physical activity? Pink Oatmeal has taken care of all the work and hassle for you! Get EVERYTHING in the St. Patrick’s Day Movement Pack. This is available for you at a major discount in the shop.
More Gross Motor Ideas
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU