When we found out we were having a baby I was super excited to be able to decorate the nursery! Whether it was a boy or girl I had plans to have an animal accented room. I don’t like big themes in the room but I like little accents. When we found out it was a baby boy at our 20 week ultrasound I got started on searching out colors and fabrics that would work for the baby room. I found this animal print fabric on Fabricworm and used this as the fabric to work around in creating C’s baby room.
With the fabric set I was able to start on my “accent” pieces. I cruised Pinterest looking for different ideas. I loved the idea of the framed animal art. I saw that I could buy some through Etsy but being the bargain person I am I wanted to try and make my own. On top of that I really wanted the animals to match the animals on the fabric. So I took a square of the fabric and stuck in on my scanner. I thought it was a long shot but I may as well try it. I scanned the animals and selected the ones I wanted to use in the frames. I choose the elephant, lion, and monkey. I blew each one up individually to fit a 8×10 frame (so just a little less than a standard piece of paper). I then printed each animal on card stock quality paper that I had. I then cut out the shape of the animal. I found safari scrapbook paper on sale at Jo-Ann Fabrics and used these sheets to glue the animals on to. I then framed them in a frame by Re that I got at Target for just a few dollars. I was actually quite surprised my attempt at scanning the fabric worked as well as it did. I was very happy with the final result!