I’m always looking for fun ways to keep the kids moving. Adding a theme is a great way to make gross motor games even more fun. There are some pretty cool ideas out there! Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorites that I’ve found to try out this fall!
Fall Themed Gross Motor Games
- Fall is apple season! The Apple Toss is a great way to work on strength and eye-hand coordination.
- The Inspired Treehouse shares the Leaf Scramble, which also may result in a few chores getting done around the house.
- Pumpkin Relay
- I love this twist on tag with Scarecrow Tag from Childhood 101.
- I love the combination of learning and movement with the ABC Leaf Hunt from Learn Play Imagine.
- The Apple Tree Game is a great way to work on balance and strength from Teaching Mama.
- I love this Apple Skip Counting game to combine gross motor play and learning from Learn Play Imagine.
- The Apple Orchard Gross Motor Game is another fun way to use an apple theme and work on gross motor skills from The Inspired Treehouse.
- The Spider Web Gross Motor Game is perfect for October and a fun way to work on balance and strength from No Time For Flashcards.
- I love adding a theme to hopscotch with Halloween Hopscotch from The Pleasant Thing.
Autumn Themed Brain Break Ideas can be found on Pink Oatmeal
Fall Themed Yoga Pose Ideas are sure to be a hit with the kiddos plus you get all the benefits of yoga!
Check out different ways to move with a Johnny Appleseed theme!
Even More Ways To Move This Fall
Brain breaks are a must. This pack of brain breaks is everything you need for fall!
Fall Yoga – 2 Sets
Both sets of cards consist of the same poses. They just have a different presentation. This way you can choose which option works best for you or go with both!
The first set consists of cards and printables that have pictures of real kids in the poses. The cards have pictures of the kids with a description of the pose. The printables are full page pictures of the kids (in the same poses). This way you can utilize the pack in a variety of different ways! You can find them in my shop .
The second set consists of the same yoga poses but with fun pictures of clip art (for example leave pose would have a picture of a leaf). For some kiddos this is more fun! The cards and printables have the pictures with the descriptions. This way you can utilize the pack in a variety of different ways! You can find them in my shop.
More Great Ways To Get The Kids Moving
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
My store at Pink Oatmeal has ideas to get the kids moving at home, in the classroom, and in therapy! If you prefer Teachers Pay Teachers you can find me there too with even more ideas to get the kids moving!