Is there really anything more action packed than superheros? They jump, run, kick, and spin. The list could go on and on when it comes to superheros. With all the action superheros provide, they are perfect for incorporating gross motor into the day. The superhero hop is the perfect way to do this!
Super Spots, Music
1. Lay the super spots with movement words out on the floor. Have the same amount of super spots as you do kids on the floor. You can make super spots on a sheet of paper or I have ready made super spots included in my Superhero Themed Movement Games or my Superhero Themed Movement Games in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. Laminating the super spots would allow you to use them again and again.
2. Turn on the music. Movement and music go hand in hand!
3. Once the music is going, let the kids hop or walk between the super spots– what ever works better in your setting.
4. When the music stops have the kids perform the action written on their super spot.
5. Start the music again and play resumes.
This can easily be modified to a musical chairs like game. Have one less super spot than students playing. When the music stops the student who is not on the spot is out.
Superhero Gross Motor Activities
Looking for more ideas for superhero games? I have several gross motor games included in my Superhero Movement Games Pack. Some favorites include the Superhero Race dice game, Super Stars, and Superhero Tic-Tac-Toe with super moves. You can grab your games at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store or shop on the blog.
Even more ways to incorporate superheros and learning can be found in my Superhero Themed Movement and Learning post.
More Gross Motor Ideas
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
My store at Pink Oatmeal has ideas to get the kids moving at home, in the classroom, and in therapy! If you prefer Teachers Pay Teachers you can find me there too with even more ideas to get the kids moving!