We all know that sun protection is so important for baby. I know I’ve been lathering on the sunscreen on my little guy. Luckily I’ve found a great website Skin Deep that’s helped me make decisions based on chemical composition of different skin products for baby. Since I’m putting on sunscreen on my little guy I want to make sure I’m not lathering him full of harmful chemicals. Here is what my search result determined for sunscreens low in chemicals for baby that I am planning to try!
This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I love or personally use.
©rimmdream/Dollar Photo Club
SELECTING A SUNSCREEN
Scientists at the Environmental Working Group assess the ingredients listed on the labels of personal care products based on data in toxicity and regulatory databases, government and health agency assessments and the open scientific literature. They then determine a number rating. I go into full detail on this website and others in my Chemical Free Home post which you want to check out! I simply went to the website and did a quick search of baby sunscreens and came up with my list that I would consider trying!
- California Baby Super Sensitive Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Lotion (SPF 30+)
- Seventh Generation Wee Generation Baby Sunscreen (SPF 30)
- BabyGanics Cover-Up Pure Mineral Sunscreen Stick (SPF 50+)
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Sunscreen Stick (SPF 30)
- California Baby Super Sensitive Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Stick (SPF 30+)
Things to Note
- All are based off of the 2013 formulations.
- Even if a brand name has one great product it doesn’t mean another one of their products isn’t loaded with chemicals so be aware!
- Not every sunscreen can be found on the website.
Hopefully this little tool will help you to find a great sunscreen as low in chemicals as possible for your baby and even yourself!
What are your favorite sunscreens? Were you surprised when you checked the website? Have you tried any of these?
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN