We are only about a month away from St. Patrick’s Day! Gross motor games with a St. Patrick’s Day theme are so much fun! They work great for the entire month of March! The clover hop was a hit! This time we are talking about the rainbow relay! It’s the perfect game for getting out all that energy and has the added bonus of working on the colors of the rainbow!
Rainbow Relay – St. Patrick’s Day Gross Motor Game
Rainbow Colored Shamrocks (Make your own or grab a set as part of my St. Patrick’s Day Brain Breaks, Yoga, and Games Packet or in my TPT store (indigo is not included))
- Divide the kids up into teams of up to 6 kids. (If less kids that just means some have to go more than once.)
- Place a set of colored shamrocks for each team on the opposite side of the room/playground.
- Each student races across the room/playground to pick a colored shamrock up and brings it back to their team.
- Once the first student has returned the next student goes and picks the next color.
- Once all the colors have been retrieved the team must put the colors in order the color of the rainbow. (Optional)
- The first team with the colors of the rainbow in order wins
St. Patrick’s Gross Motor Games
I have several gross motor games included in my St. Patrick’s Day Brain Breaks, Yoga, and Games. Some favorites include the Clover Hop, St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt, St. Patrick’s Day Themed Yoga and more! You can grab your games at the shop on the blog or in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
More Gross Motor Ideas
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
My store at Pink Oatmeal has ideas to get the kids moving at home, in the classroom, and in therapy! If you prefer Teachers Pay Teachers you can find me there too with even more ideas to get the kids moving!