Spring is finally in the air around here, well, most days. We can see grass again and our getting outside as much as possible. Now is the time that we can get some of the toys back out on the driveway to play. It’s almost like we reconnect with our neighborhood now that the weather has changed. Here are some fun and favorite outdoor toys to promote gross motor play this Spring!
Products For Motor Development
Affiliate links are included below. Read my full disclosure policy here.
1. Sidewalk Chalk – One of my very favorites. So much can be created from sidewalk chalk. Hopscotch, races, or car tracks. Just the squatting down to draw is great strengthening for little ones.
2. Tricycle – For the little ones this is a fun and great way to work on those gross motor skills.
3. Ball – One of the simplest, yet most fun forms of play that is also an excellent way to work on gross motor skills.
4. Bubbles – So much fun and so simple. Jump, stomp, kick or reach for those bubbles. There are plenty of ways to make your own bubble recipes too.
5. Plasma Car – The first time I saw these were at the Minnesota State Fair. The kids were going crazy on them. They are a favorite in the preschool programs that I have worked in!
6. Hula Hoop – Hula hoops can be a versatile item. There is, of course, the traditional hula hooping. They are also great for obstacle courses and climbing through the hula hoop. Suspend them in the air and make them a target to throw a ball through.
7. Balance Bike – This is going to be one of our purchases this year. Likely for a birthday present. I’m super excited to try this out!
What are your favorite products to get the kids moving in the Spring?
More Gross Motor Ideas
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
My store at Pink Oatmeal has ideas to get the kids moving at home, in the classroom, and in therapy! If you prefer Teachers Pay Teachers you can find me there too with even more ideas to get the kids moving!