Father’s Day is quickly approaching. At my house it isn’t always the easiest thing to come up with a Father’s Day gift. My husband doesn’t want much ever. I try to be creative and sometimes I’m successful but most times not. My husband however is the far more sensitive one of between the two of us so this year I thought I would make him something a little more meaningful than just a card from Target. It’s so simple that you don’t even have to be “crafty” to make it. That’s what I appreciate most about this little Father’s Day DIY card.
This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I love or personally use.
Father’s Day DIY Card
1. First you need a picture. I tried like crazy to get a good one of my little man. My cell phone camera just couldn’t flash fast enough for this guy who was flying around like crazy. Luckily I had one from just a few weeks prior that I was able to use.
2. Next go to Pic Monkey. I love it and use it to edit all my photos. There is a free version and paid version. The paid version is a ridiculously good deal. Once at Pic Monkey select the edit photo option. Then pull up the photo you want to use for editing!
3. From there it will bring up a ton of editing options! There are text, overlays, frames, background choices and beyond. I encourage you to play around with all of the different options to get the effect you want.
4. My husband tends to like simple and clean looks so that is how I went when fixing up the picture for him. Here is what it turned out like!
5. Simply send it to wherever you prefer to get your pictures at. I did a 5×7 and made one for the grandpas and great grandpas too. My total cost for all the cards was under $5. So simple yet so much more meaningful. It’s my kind of DIY project!
Now enter to win something else cool for dad. See below. Don’t forget to “like” Pink Oatmeal’s Facebook page for your entry!
We think dads are cool, so we’re teaming up with Boogie Wipes to give away some great gifts for dads.
And one grand prize winner will take home an iPad Mini.
We love you, dads!
Enter to Win
It’s simple to enter. Just complete the rafflecopter form below to have your name entered into the drawing. Giveaway ends at midnight on Father’s Day (June 15) – so enter now!
One grand prize winner will receive the iPad Mini and three additional winners will receive the backpacks. Winners will be be randomly chosen.
Looking for more ways to celebrate Dad?
Pink Oatmeal received no compensation for sponsoring this event, and is not responsible for the delivery of the prize. Prize delivery is the sold responsibility of Boogie Wipes. One grand prize winner and three additional winners will be drawn randomly and notified by email. The winner(s) will have 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. If they do not respond within the 48 hours, they will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen.